Someone from the office will call you to discuss pre-procedural/operative instructions. They usually include the following:
- Clears (i.e. black coffee, apple juice) can be consumed up to 2 hours prior to your procedure and a light meal can be consumed 6 hours prior.
- Take your usual medications the morning of your procedure with a small sip of water with the exception of insulin or diabetic medications if you are a diabetic.
- Stop taking all blood thinners (i.e. Coumadin, Plavix, aspirin) for at least 7 days prior to your procedure.
- Do not smoke for 24 hours prior to your procedure.
- Notify Dr. Brown’s if there is any change in your physical condition, such as a cold, fever or flu symptom.
- If there is a chance you are pregnant, please notify Dr. Brown immediately.